I am pleased to announce that the latest version of TntMPD is now available! Here are the main things about this upgrade:
- TntMPD has a new name: TntConnect.
- This release offers some huge new features for multi-national users: Multi-currency support… People who receive gifts in multiple currencies/multiple countries can now combine all of their TntMPD databases into one TntConnect database and it will display the gifts for each contact, in the currency they gave in! And because these folks will merge these databases, 3.1 offers multi-language newsletters: You can pick the language for each contact’s newsletter, then produce the newsletter list by language (using the Newsletter Tools button on the button bar).
- This releases fixes all of the outstanding technical problems with Windows 10, Mac El Capitan, Google Maps & Google Login, etc.
- You can easily export your current gift download by right-clicking on the list of new gifts before you click the “Sync” button to finish the download (helpful for those who want to see the list or act on it right away). This is before TntConnect runs the Automatic Actions for New Gifts.
- In the Options you can enlarge TntConnect 125%, 150% or 200% if your monitor has made it too small to work easily
- There are more than 70 other minor features and fixes.
- Finally, the “Database Password” has been eliminated. It was problematic for most users, and was a false sense of security… since you can export all TntConnect data unprotected to your hard drive. Protect your computer instead. (And by the way, I strongly encourage you to store your database in Dropbox.)
Here is the official TntConnect 3.1 Upgrade Video
Also, in addition to this new blog, you may want to check out some new training videos on TntConnect. Hosted by a company called SmartStory, you can view a “Tip of the Week” (53 videos), all under 3 minutes long, at www.tinyurl.com/GoTntTips.
You can also view these videos on the free SmartPath App for iPhone and Android. Once you download the app, just enter our SmartCode (GoTntTips) to get right to the videos. (You do not need to sign up or register or subscribe–just go right to the videos.)
Note: This blog is not intended to be a forum, because the user-supported community/forum for TntConnect is very active–you can get answers to all your questions there. This blog is for tips and tricks and best practices to help you make the most of TntConnect.