Well over half of all TntConnect users serve with an organization that does not have a way to send gifts to TntConnect via the web or via a file. It may surprise you to learn that TntConnect was invented before the Gift Input feature was created. That is, all users had to enter gifts manually in the very beginning!
Because of this, TntConnect makes it super easy to enter gifts manually.
One option, of course, is simply to right-click in the Gifts box and “Add a Gift”—which you would do any time you add a single gift from a donor. But that is time consuming if you are entering dozens of them every month.
If you cannot download gifts at all, then your best bet is to use the Manual Gift Entry Form from the Tools menu.
Here is a blank Manual Gift Entry Form:
If you are entering gifts multiple times per month (weekly, for example, as you view them on a web page), you will see that TNT displays all of the gifts so far this month:
This quick-entry form allows you to enter all of your gifts in just a few moments.
- It displays every partner who has given a gift in the past 12 months.
- You just enter the date and the amount.
- You can lookup and add a New Partner to the form from your entire list of contacts (if the donor does not appear on the list).
- You can press Another Gift if a partner has more than one gift in a month.
- If you are working from a printed list or printed email (a little easier than toggling back and forth between TNT and your email or ministry web site), you can probably enter 25-50 donations in just a few minutes.
- Also, if you receive gifts in more than one currency, you can enter all gifts from one currency at the same time. (If you do not have multi-currency turned on, the Currency box will not be shown.)
- If you will not be linking to the web for gifts, be sure to uncheck the box New gifts on web so TNT will not be expecting you to download them (and match them) in the future.
Read more about the Manual Gift Entry Form.