About 10% of the donors who are in my TntConnect database have more than one account number with my organization, and sometimes I want to find all of them (for reasons I describe later). This is so easy I’ll show you first then explain it.
How to find contacts which have more than one Account #:
- Lookup | By Field
- Organization Account IDs | contains | , [comma]
TntConnect stores the Organization Account ID(s) with the contact so that you can easily export them using Group Actions | Export Current Group. If a donor has more than one account #, TNT just separates them with a comma.
How this exports:
There are several reasons why a donor is issued a new account #:
- They gave by cheque previously and have just given online for the first time. Not surprisingly, they did not have their Donor # handy so they left that box blank on the online screen (if they even saw it!)
- They have moved and given a new gift without using a return slip that had their donor # on it
- The spouse gave a gift and his/her name was not on the original account, which is even more likely if the husband/wife couple has different last names
But there is one big reason why a donor in TntConnect may have two donor account #s NOT because of my organization:
- *I* linked them during a gift download… sometimes accidentally.
So if I have two donor account numbers for a contact and one of them is in error, I cannot find it easily because I may not know which donor I linked it to! This lookup helps me quickly locate all contacts with multiple donor account #s, so I can then find the incorrect one.
Read More: Merge/Unmerge Donor Accounts