Here’s a quick tip for you, which can be particularly helpful when calling new contacts: You can enlarge the Name & Address by pressing F7 or F12. (Both keys work the same, and that’s due to historic differences between Macs & PCs.)
This will pop up an address box on top of the Contacts View, but without interfering with it. You can still navigate between tabs (e.g., TNT tab, History).
I find this particularly helpful when calling new contacts because I may not be familiar with their names and this makes it very bold so I do not stumble at the moment I start talking to them.
There are a few other keystrokes you may find helpful:
- F1 opens the integrated help (either in a web browser or on your computer, depending on your settings).
- F2 toggles the Views bar (far left) on or off.
- F3 toggles the contact list (Current Lookup & Current Group). These two (F2 & F3) are used primarily in a situation where your display is tight, which was much more common 15 years ago!
- F5 refreshes your list (sometimes a list of contacts or actions has been changed; in 15 years I have never pressed this button…)
- F8 displays the System Info which can be helpful when submitting an entry to the online forum.
- Ctrl+R opens the Add Referrals box (or… Contact | Add Referrals).